Learn more and watch your money grow
There are free seminars available that give you useful and
unbiased information to help you manage your money.
The Department of Human Services' Financial Information Service
(FIS) offers free money seminars in locations all over Australia.
Here is more information about their unique service.
Financial Information Service seminars are for people from all
walks of life. And you don't have to be a Centrelink customer to
Here are some of the seminars on offer.
- Managing your money
- Salary sacrifice
- Borrowing to invest
- Understanding property investments
- Understanding managed investments
- Understanding shares
- Running your own super fund
- Protecting your assets
- Financial planning and choosing a financial planner
- Estate planning for older Australians
- Retirement reality and investment choices
- Working beyond age pension age
- Aged care - fees and charges
|For people starting to plan for retirement
- Creating wealth - getting started
- Understanding superannuation
|For people getting ready for retirement
- Age Pension and your choices
- Understanding retirement income streams
|For people living in retirement
- Understanding your pension
- Accommodation options in retirement
Find out which seminars are on in your state or territory.
To book a seminar call 136 357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
and include the title, date and location of the seminar you are
interested in, plus your phone number.
Other help from the
Financial Information Service
The Department of Human Service also has Financial Information
Service (FIS) officers that can give you information over the phone
or at personal interviews.
FIS officers can help you:
- Understand your financial situation and start saving for the
- Learn more about investing, including shares, property and
investments paying interest
- Explore your options for contributing to superannuation and
- Prepare for retirement and consider your income options
- Understand your options in retirement, including pension and
benefits, and planning for residential care
To speak to a FIS officer, call 132 300.
The officer will answer your questions over the phone, if they
can, or they may set up an appointment for you to talk
Financial Information Service website for more information.
Seminars can help you learn more about how to
manage your money and plan for the future.
Last updated: 08 Mar 2017