Parental leave calculator
This calculator helps you if you're taking time off
work to have a baby or care for a child and shows you:
- what income you'll have over your break so you can plan your
- what impact taking a shorter or longer time off work will have
on your income
You can use this calculator as an individual or include your
partner, if you have one.
Before you start you will need to know:
- current salary
- employer entitlements
- Government benefits (parental leave pay, dad and partner pay,
family tax benefit and parenting payment). Use Department
of Human Services' Payment finder to check.
- other income sources or lump sums (like returns on investments,
rental income, savings or gifts of money). Use 'add another item'
to include these.
- your partner's income and entitlements
Estimated time: 10 mins
Change your dates and income amounts to see how your income
Last updated: 19 Jul 2017