'My account' FAQs
Below are some frequently asked questions
(FAQs) about the 'My account' login & sign-up process
and how to save/manage/retrieve calculator & app data.
What is 'My
Creating a 'My account' profile lets you:
- manage your profile and password information
- save and retrieve data on some MoneySmart calculators
- sync app data between devices.
Note: You can still use MoneySmart calculators and tools
without a 'My account' profile, but your results won't be
How do I sign up and/or log
free and simple. Follow these steps:
- Click 'My account' in the top-right of the
desktop screen, or the bottom of the mobile menu and make sure you
are on the 'Create new account' screen.
Alternatively just start using a calculator and you will be asked
to sign up when you save your calculator results.
- Enter a username (characters & numbers
- Enter a email (must be valid)
- Enter a password (minimum 6 characters &
containing both letters and numbers)
- Confirm the password.
- Click 'Create account' button.
That's it. Now use your 'My account' profile to access your
saved calculator & sync your app data between devices.
Note: You can still use MoneySmart calculators and tools without
a 'My account' profile, but your results won't be saved. App data
will be saved to your device.
How do I reset my password?
If you have forgotten your password, follow these steps:
- Click 'My account' in the
top-right of the desktop screen, or the bottom of the mobile menu
and make sure you are on the 'Create new
- Click on the forgotten password link on the
'Log in' screen.
- Enter your username/email.
- Click the 'send password reset link'
- You will receive an email with a unique identifier which will
allow your password to be changed.
- Please note that the password reset is
time sensitive and you need to use the link sent
to you within 20 minutes or it will expire.
This is done from for security reasons.
- If your mail provider (eg. hotmail, gmail) is displaying the
link over multiple lines and you are unable to click the link, try
to copy and paste the entire link into your browser address
- You will then be taken to a MoneySmart webpage that will
allow you to type in a new password.
If you are not able to use the link within 20 minutes, you can
repeat the steps above at any time.
How do I
Some calculators and apps allow you to save and retrieve
- To save a calculator, click on the 'save' icon
in the calculator toolbar (see example below). Note: this feature
is not available on all calculators.
- To manage your saved calculators, go to the
relevant calculator and use the toolbar to retrieve/save
as/delete as necessary (see example below).
- To retrieve a saved calculator, go to the
relevant calculator and click on the "select saved
calculator" dropdown menu in the toolbar (see example below)
and select your previously saved calculator from the list.
- Example toolbar:
If you are not already logged in you will be asked to login again.
After entering your username or email and password, you will be
able to select any previously saved results.
Are there FAQs for specific
calculators & apps?
Yes, specific FAQs are located as follows:
- calculators: under the specific
- apps: under 'settings' within the apps
What happens to the personal
information you collect?
webpage explains which personal information we collect when you
use 'My Account' and how your privacy is protected.
Last updated: 11 Jan 2017