Estimated time: 5 mins
This calculator helps you work out:
About this calculator - disclaimer &
- This is a model, not a prediction. Amounts and
repayment periods are estimates only, actual amounts may be higher
- Results are based on information you have provided and do not
take your personal circumstances into account.
- It applies to loans where your regular repayment includes both
interest and the gradual repayment of the amount borrowed.
- Initial inputs will be displayed on the left hand side of the
graph. Your 'What if' scenario (if applicable) will be displayed on
the right hand side of the graph.
- It is not intended to be your sole source of information when
making a financial decision. You may wish to consider getting
advice from a licensed finance professional.
- Using this calculator does not guarantee you will be eligible
for a loan. You will need to satisfy your lender's lending
- Interest rates do not change for the life of the loan.
- Interest is calculated by compounding on the same frequency as
the repayment selected, i.e. weekly, fortnightly, monthly quarterly
- It does not take into account up-front fees such as loan
- It does not consider your ability to make the repayments shown.
To help you consider the impact of interest rates changes, we
suggest exploring the impact of a 2% interest rate rise. Interest
rates could rise in future by more than 2%.
- Affordable repayments cannot be less than the fees
Mortgage calculator FAQs - frequently
Q: How can I see the effect of a lump sum payment on the length
of my loan?
A: Enter your current loan details on the 'How can I repay my
loan sooner?' tab. Then reduce the amount owing by the lump sum
Last updated: 26 Jul 2016