Income tax calculator
Helps you work out:
- how much Australian income tax you should be paying
- what your take home salary will be when tax and the Medicare
levy are removed
- your marginal tax rate
This calculator can also be used as an Australian tax return
calculator. For more information see assumptions
& further information.
Estimated time: 10 sec
Disclaimers & assumptions
- The rates are for Australian residents.
- Your marginal tax rate does not include the Medicare levy,
which is calculated seperately.The Medicare levy is calculated as
2% of taxable income for most taxpayers.
- The Medicare levy in this calculator is based on
individual rates and does not take into account family income or
- The calculations do not include the Medicare Levy Surcharge
(1%-1.5%), an additional levy on individuals and families
with higher incomes who do not have appropriate levels of private
- These calculations do not take into account any tax rebates or
tax offsets you may be entitled to.
- For the 2016-17 financial year, the marginal tax rate for
$180,000 includes the Temporary Budget Repair Levy of
- In most cases, your employer will deduct the income tax from
your wages and pay it to the ATO.
Last updated: 21 Aug 2017