Compound interest calculator
interest calculator helps you work out:
- what money you'll have if you save a regular amount
- how compounding increases your savings
- the difference between saving now and saving later
For more information see disclaimers &
assumptions and FAQs below.
Estimated time: 5 mins
Disclaimers & assumptions
- A model not a prediction. Results are only
estimates, the actual amounts may be higher or lower. We cannot
predict things that will affect your decision such as movements in
- This calculator is not intended to be your sole source of
information when making a financial decision. You should consider
whether you should get advice from a licensed financial
- Refer to the "How compound interest works"
section at the bottom of the calculator for more detail.
- Initial deposit is made today
- Regular deposits are made at the end of year, month, fortnight,
week, or day (according to the deposit frequency you
- Interest is credited either monthly or annually, in line with
standard industry practice
- The delayed start comparison feature will have the same regular
FAQs - frequently asked questions
Q. Are the results of the compound interest calculator shown in
A. The results of this calculator are shown in future dollars.
No adjustment has been made for inflation.
Q: Why have you changed the calculator?
A: We upgrade our calculators regularly due to technological
advances, regulatory changes and customer feedback. Once a
calculator has been upgraded, the old version will no longer be
Last updated: 13 Feb 2017