Digital activity - Fun Day Out
In this activity, students learn the difference between needs
and wants and how to stick to a fixed budget by organising a 'day
out' for their class.
The task involves:
- Choosing where they would like to go
- Working out how they will get there
- Deciding what they will eat for the day
- Working out what activities they can afford to take part
Students who have money left over by making wise decisions
will be able to buy a souvenir at the end of the day.
This activity takes approximately 15 minutes and is intended for
individual use as well as teacher-led group activities.
It is a stand-alone resource and leads into the MoneySmart unit
of work 'Our Big Weekend Adventure'.
The activity is supported by teacher notes, parent notes and a
- Income and expenditure
- Needs and wants
- Knowledge and understanding
- Responsibility and enterprise
- Personal and social competence
- Teacher notes and solution
- Group work
Last updated: 08 Mar 2017